The Government of Jersey's Competent Authority Ministers have announced the removal of most of the remaining Covid-19 restrictions and confirmed the move to Stage 7 of the Reconnection Plan with effect from Thursday 26 August 2021.
Significantly, for law firms and other businesses, this provides for an end to working from home guidance that was re-introduced on 13 July 2021 as part of the Government's Safer Summer Guidance.
The full changes being implemented include:
- Resumption of standing alcoholic drink services;
- Unlimited numbers of people permitted in homes/gardens;
- Full reopening of nightclubs, including dancing;
- Permission for large events, subject to risk assessment;
- Removal of requirement to wear face coverings in indoor public places – except in ports and on public transport;
- An end to working from home guidance.
The legal requirement to provide contact details for track and trace purposes remains in place.
This latest easing of restrictions is part of a move away from Jersey’s suppression strategy, now that 80% of Islanders aged 18 or over have received two doses of the Covid vaccine. This means 80% of adults will be fully vaccinated by Monday 23 August 2021.