Senior Legal Counsel: Wealth and Personal Banking: HSBC Channel Islands & Isle of Man (CIIOM)
We are looking for a bright and dynamic senior lawyer for HSBC CIIOM
We are seeking an additional senior lawyer to join our seven lawyer team as Senior Legal Counsel to our Wealth and Personal Banking (WPB) business line. This Jersey based role reports directly to the CIIOM General Counsel.
As an employee of HSBC Channel Islands and Isle of Man (CIIOM) you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a non-contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
In CIIOM, WPB comprises:
- Retail banking suite of products in each of Jersey, Guernsey and Isle of Man
- Our award winning Expat business, servicing 75,000 globally mobile and sophisticated international retail clients from Jersey
- Private banking for high net worth clients
Our WPB business is successful, growing and is a strategic priority for HSBC globally.
Role Purpose and accountabilities
- Provide legal support on a broad range of legal issues arising out of the CIIOM WPB business.
- To be a trusted adviser by ensuring that commercially sensitive and pragmatic legal support and advice is provided in a cost-effective manner.
- Identification of legal and regulatory risks and appropriate risk mitigation strategies.
- Ensuring that products are developed which are easy to understand and continue to meet evolving regulatory standards.
Governance and Committee Memberships
- Representing Legal at WPB formal governance meetings and will therefore need to have sufficient professional experience and gravitas to do this successfully.
- Proactively provide high quality specialised legal and related regulatory advice and guidance and support to the CIIOM WPB businesses.
- Managing key relationships with panel law firms and other external legal counsel.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Develop effective working relationships with all members of the CIIOM Legal Team and other relevant HSBC Legal teams including the UK Legal Team and the Global WPB Team headed by the General Counsel WPB.
- Develop initiatives to share legal knowledge and best practices across the Global Legal Function.
Functional Knowledge and Experience
- Qualified Solicitor or Barrister with 4-6 years of high quality legal experience.
- Broad knowledge of banking products and regulatory experience.
- Experience of developing new banking products
- A track record of innovation
- Able to provide clear, commercial, risk-mitigated advice to the business.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Strong ability to deal with a number of stakeholders and to prioritise a demanding workload in terms of legal risk and commercial consideration.
- People oriented, exhibit willingness to invest time in cultivating professional relationships and display the ability to adapt to dynamic changes in the business environment through lateral thinking and problem solving in an open and connected manner.
For further details and application information please click Apply
We want everyone to be able to fulfill their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
Closing date: 18 May 2021