The Jersey Legal Information Board is seeking to appoint a successor for its Programme Director who will oversee the development and delivery of the Board’s projects.
The Board is incorporated by Law and primarily exists to maximise access to legal information, and to integrate the Island’s legal system and infrastructure. Membership includes the key principals of the Judicial, Legal and Parliamentary departments, such as the Bailiff, Attorney General, Judicial Greffier, and Greffier of the States.
The Bailiff is the Chairman of the Board and accordingly, the Programme Director has a direct interface with the Bailiff.
The successful candidate will also be involved with other members of the Board on a regular basis, and with a wide variety of stakeholders, including other members of the Judiciary, States departments, members of the legal profession (locally and off-Island), the Law Society, contractors, members of the public, and providers of legal services in other jurisdictions.
The successful candidate will play a key role in achieving the Board’s strategic objectives (including a major project to implement an integrated electronic court system), requiring the postholder to use a high degree of initiative, innovation and forward thinking to achieve these aims. The postholder will also have direct responsibility for influencing and managing a number of the Board’s major projects and pump-priming initiatives, including research and development.
This is a high profile, challenging and stimulating position. The successful candidate will:
- Have wide experience of implementation and management of IT projects. Knowledge and experience of complex web hosted document and data repositories is also highly important.
- Have experience of legal systems and some jurisprudential theory, along with a practical understanding of the needs of legal practitioners and all other persons and bodies interacting with the law.
- Be skilful in persuading, developing and motivating all levels of Jersey Legal Information Board stakeholders, especially senior legal professionals.
- Be able to act with appropriate tact and diplomacy.
- Have the ability to drive the work of the Board forward and to progress and integrate the work of project advisers and managers, both internal and external.
- Have the ability to prioritise the work and projects of the Board, co-ordinate its various activities, and lead the business planning cycle.
- Have a broad knowledge of modern management techniques, social media, administrative practices, and awareness of the strategic and operational capability of IT.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, together with the ability to negotiate and influence.
- Have a proven track record of effective change management, and the ability to pursue aims tenaciously and achieve results in a competitive environment.
- Have experience in monitoring and engaging with relevant research and development.
- Have excellent administrative skills in order to service the needs of the Board and its Executive Group.
Expressions of interest are invited for this position, which is offered on a flexible working basis. If you possess the skills and competencies required for this position, please contact James Lambert (telephone 441342 or e-mail email@example.com) for further details and a job description.
Click JLIB for more information about the Jersey Legal Information Board.
Closing date for applications: 20 January 2019