Legal Advisor - Standard Bank Jersey
||In House Legal Counsel
||Negotiable/ Excellent Company benefits including pension, healthcare cover and discretionary bonus
Legal Advisor - Standard Bank Jersey Limited
Standard Bank International Client Solutions is a leading provider of financial services to people and businesses, and we do all that, right from one of our core locations in Isle of Man, Jersey, London and Mauritius by supporting Africa’s growth and connecting the continent with international markets.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a qualified solicitor/advocate to join our legal team in Jersey whose main focus is to manage, identify and mitigate legal risk across International Client Solutions (ICS) by providing technical legal advice and guidance to the Business Lines and Enabling Functions , ensuring compliance with Standard Bank Group (SBG) legal policy and relevant legislation across geographies.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Proactively analyse and review amendments to legislation, regulations and case law to provide legal opinions to relevant internal stakeholders.
- Responsible for drafting and vetting legal documents across legal specialisations including but not limited to facility letters and amendments, security documentation, product brochures and terms and conditions, indemnities and waivers, notices and third-party service provider service level agreements in support of the ICS Business Unit's internal and external activities.
- Managing the ICS Legal department day to day operations, including independently managing projects, overseeing external counsel and managing legal governance requirements enabling department efficiency.
- Active engagement with internal and external stakeholders on legal matters ensuring all internal queries and concerns are addressed before providing final verbal or written legal advice.
- Provision of accurate, expert and specialist legal advice to business units including consultations, research, negotiation and/or drafting.
Experience & Qualifications Required
- Qualified Solicitor (Jersey, England and Wales, Scotland or similar jurisdiction).
- For the right individual, we will consider applications from those with a lower PQE than that listed.
- Experience in banking, corporate or investments, in particular we are looking for individuals familiar with advising on financing transactions (either in-house or in private practice)
For more information, please contact Rebecca Gorin at Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the full job profile or to apply, click Legal Advisor
For more information or to apply for this job please contact: