|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Category:||Law Officers' Department|
|Salary:||£92610 - 96726|
|Company:||Law Officers' Department|
This is a busy, established team dealing with a demanding caseload in both the Magistrates’ and Royal Courts, advice to the police on prosecutions and investigations, fraud and money laundering investigations ordered by the Attorney General and mutual legal assistance to other jurisdictions.
Professional legal qualification required - minimum 4 years PQE or equivalent experience.
The post holder will have:
- experience of preparing and presenting advice on mainly, although not exclusively, low and medium risk cases, with the ability to demonstrate an aptitude for applying legal theory to practice;
- broad professional knowledge, and a broad range of experience, which demonstrates the ability to develop, articulate and defend conclusions;
- broad technical competence in more than one specialism of Criminal Law;
- experience of handling relatively complex areas of law, with the ability to absorb and interpret information quickly and accurately;
- experience of acting on own initiative on low and medium risk matters, only referring to others on more complex high risk cases.
The post holder will:
- have the ability to present a point of view convincingly and persuasively through rational argument.
- be able to engage effectively with clients, external counsel and other experts on a regular basis at all levels of seniority;
- have general advocacy and litigation knowledge and experience.
- have an understanding of how the law works and be able to demonstrate a willingness to stay abreast of current developments in legal practice, Jersey laws and Jersey Court procedures;
- have the ability to interact effectively with colleagues, managers and other relevant stakeholders to maintain an understanding of a wide range of related activities;
- have the ability to work effectively in a team of lawyers to achieve high levels of professional and technical standards, with the ability to supervise the work and provide support to more junior colleagues;
- have the ability to confidently and effectively to take decisions on low and medium risk cases.
Closing date: 19 August 2022
For more information or to apply, click Legal Adviser
For more information or to apply for this job please contact: