Employment and Discrimination Tribunal - Chair, Deputy Chair, Employee/Employer Representative Side Members
The Employment and Discrimination Tribunal is currently seeking to appoint members to hear work-related claims made under the employment and discrimination laws including unfair dismissal, unpaid wages and claims of discrimination in the workplace.
We wish to recruit:
- Deputy Chair
- Employee Representative Side Member
- 2 Employer Representative Side Members
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity and inclusion.
- You must have a current certificate to practise as a lawyer (or equivalent), an interest in employment and discrimination matters and an understanding of judicial processes.
- You must be available for approximately 50 days each year for hearings and be flexible to commit time to administration.
- Remuneration per day for Tribunal Hearings – £736.
- You must have a current certificate to practice as a lawyer (or equivalent), an interest in employment and discrimination matters and an understanding of judicial processes.
- You must be available for approximately 30 days each year for hearings.
- Remuneration per day for Tribunal Hearings – £552.
Employee / Employer Representative Side Member:
- Employee – you must have knowledge or experience of employment and discrimination matters from an employee perspective, for example, as a trade union or staff association representative.
- Employer – you must have knowledge or experience of employment and discrimination matters from an employer perspective, for example, as a business owner or member of an employer’s association.
You must be available for approximately 10 days each year.
Remuneration per day for Tribunal Hearings - £97
All applicants should have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of reaching sound and impartial decisions putting personal views aside;
- Good listening and communication skills;
- The ability to assimilate large volumes of information; and
- The ability to work co-operatively with other Tribunal Members in reaching decisions as part of a panel.
Training in Tribunal skills and the relevant legislation will be provided.
For more information and to apply online please see:
The deadline for applying is 9th October 2020, shortlisting and interviews will take place mid to late October.
If you require any further information, please contact Nic Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information or to apply for this job please contact: