Associate – Senior Counsel - Private Capital & Trusts (Jersey) - Walkers (Jersey) LLP
||Walkers (Jersey) LLP
Associate - Senior Counsel - Private Capital & Trusts (Jersey)
Walkers is offering a unique opportunity for an ambitious and technically strong lawyer to join its market leading global Private Capital & Trusts ("PC&T") business – specifically, to assist in growing its Jersey' PC&T practice so as to become the leading practice in the region. The firm is looking for a third person to build up to a leadership position within the team over the next few years.
The successful candidate will be based in the firm's Jersey office and will work alongside leading practitioners in that office in expanding the Jersey PC&T business in line with the general expansion across all of the firm's practice groups in the Channel Islands.
The available position in the team is at Senior Counsel level, dependent upon experience.
SCOPE AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Senior Counsel in the firm's PC&T Practice in Jersey.
- Working alongside two other senior team members (one Partner, one Senior Counsel) as the third key figure within the team, supported by more junior fee-earners.
- Proactively assist in developing and expanding client relationships important to the firm’s success, at the same time becoming a valued resource to clients. This will involve taking ownership of the development of relationships with core clients and participating in business development initiatives.
- Participate in the development of the practice’s know-how, share knowledge and actively participate in conferences, seminars, client presentations and internal training.
- Provide technically sound advice and responsive service to clients and support colleagues on all client matters.
- Maintain a sustained record of revenue generation and profitability, follow recommended billing rates, manage costs appropriately and ensure personal utilisation meets expectations.
- Adhere to the firm's values and professional ethics and proactively seek resolution of conflicts.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified lawyer with 7+ years trust PQE.
- Excellent academics.
- Ambitious and commercially driven, open to new opportunities and self-motivated.
- Experience working for a London/UK private client practice preferred but not essential.
- Experience working in the Jersey private client sector and/or familiarity with offshore financial service providers preferred but not essential.
- Solid legal skills with an appropriate understanding of relevant market and client industries and technical knowledge of the relevant law.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a collaborative environment, a team player, willing to support others regardless of personal role or task and to help others in identifying needs and crafting development plans.
- Ability to use legal precedents and timekeeping and billing systems.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to support efforts to attract new clients and develop new initiatives.
For more information or to apply for this job, please contact Tina Waring at Tina.firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information or to apply for this job please contact: