Associate - Insolvency and Dispute Resolution - Walkers
||Walkers (Jersey) LLP
Associate - Insolvency and Dispute Resolution
Walkers is offering a unique opportunity to an ambitious and technically strong lawyer to join its market leading Insolvency and Dispute Resolution team ("IDR") business, and to assist building out its Channel Islands' IDR practice so as to become the leading practice in the region.
The successful candidate will be based in the Firm's Jersey office, and will work alongside leading practitioners in that office in expanding out the Jersey IDR business in line with the general expansion across all of the firm's practice groups in the Channel Islands.
Scope and Key Responsibilities
- Advising on a wide range of contentious financial services related matters (including trust, funds and corporate disputes and administrative court applications) for professional corporate and trust service providers (including administrators and trustees), banks and other financial institutions and family office or high net worth individuals;
- Working (directly and also with clients' overseas law firms) on extensive commercial litigation and dispute resolution matters;
- Advising a varied client base which includes insolvency practitioners, banks and other financial institutions, corporates, creditors, directors and shareholders on both contentious and non-contentious corporate recovery and insolvency matters;
- Advising regulated service providers in respect of regulatory investigations and related issues as well as contentious employment cases;
- Providing expert support to Walkers corporate, funds and private capital teams working on transactions for clients; Interpreting, analysing and advising clients on relevant case law and legislation;
- Proactively assist in developing and expanding client relationships important to the Firm’s success at the same time becoming a valued resource to clients. This will involve taking ownership of the development of relationships with core clients.
- Participate in the development of the practice’s know-how, share knowledge and actively participate in conferences, seminars and internal training.
- Provide technically sound advice and highly responsive service to clients, and support colleagues, senior counsel and partners on all client matters.
- Maintain a sustained record of revenue generation and profitability; follow recommended billing rates; manage costs appropriately; ensure personal utilisation meets expectations.
- Adhere to Firm's values and professional ethics and proactively seek resolution of conflicts.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Qualified lawyer with a minimum of 1 yr qualification experience in insolvency and / or commercial litigation in a recognised practice
- Excellent academics.
- Ambitious and commercially driven.
- Solid legal skills with competent understanding of relevant market and client industries and technical knowledge of the relevant law.
- An ability to analyse legislation and provide advice in a practical manner;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a collaborative environment, a team player, willing to support others regardless of personal role or task and to help others in identifying needs and crafting development plans.
- Jersey or other offshore jurisdiction experience preferred but not essential
- Ability to use legal precedents and timekeeping and billing systems.
- Ability to support efforts to attract new clients and develop new initiatives.
For more information or to apply for this job, please contact:
Tina Waring at Tina.email@example.com
For more information or to apply for this job please contact: